Who This Is For:
- First responders, police, fire, military/veterans, corrections, dispatchers, chaplains, spouses, mental health professionals, child-serving professionals, social workers, community service providers, caregivers, judges, attorneys, victim/witness advocates, case management specialists, classroom teachers, and organizational leaders.
The interactive keynote begins by acknowledging the profound challenges posed by compassion fatigue, moral injury, and vicarious trauma experienced by professionals providing trauma-informed care. Participants will identify resilience-building best practices to effectively address workplace challenges, ultimately leading to an enhancement of their well-being. Uniquely set apart by its self-reflective and introspective approach, this keynote emphasizes the importance of adopting a vicarious trauma-informed perspective, fostering the development of evidence-based practices for self-care. This program is tailored for individuals working in fields where they routinely confront trauma, abuse and assault, neglect, and loss. Through a blend of group exercises, self-reflection, and collaborative peer learning, participants will apply newfound knowledge to real life and strategically identify opportunities for personal and post-traumatic growth. This keynote is designed to empower individuals to not only leverage their inherent strengths but also to enhance their overall life satisfaction, transcending the challenges inherent in their professional roles.
The purpose of this activity is to:
- Identify strategies to confront burnout, secondary traumatic stress, compassion fatigue, and moral injury.
- Recognize ways to promote health and well-being, and confront vicarious trauma.
- Emphasize workplace flexibility, personal boundaries, and work-life balance within the context of vicarious trauma-informed approaches.
- Recognize the profound impact of social connections, humor, and optimism on social, psychological, and physical well-being.
- Discuss self-care barriers and develop a self-care/wellness action plan.